EXCEL (Office 2008) running slowly, freezing?

annettest

Hi everyone:

I have not used EXCEL much since I was using Office 2004. I now run Office 2008.

Today my boss and I were looking at plots in EXCEL (Office 2008) on separate computers (Macs). On both computers, EXCEL was extremely slow and it kept crashing. We were looking at different plots and we even created new plots, so the problem is not that the plots are corrupted. The versions of Office that we have were installed from separate sources. We are concerned because we are going to need to use EXCEL a lot from now on.

I would very much appreciate any advice about this problem... Has anyone heard whether there are problems with EXCEL plots in Office 2008? If the are known problems, are there any fixes? Any other tips/advice?

Thanks a lot!

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Hi Sadi:

Thanks for your help. My boss has a new Mac with hardly anything on it, so I don't think it is the RAM. Mine is pretty juiced-up on RAM too.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
Are both machines fully patched? I don't have any real speed or stability issues with XL2008.

Upvote 0
I mean that office update has been run - there have been a few updates since the suite was released.

Upvote 0
You may want to have a look at this thread at Mactopia and see if it is relevant to your problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back