Excel (Office XP)

gymwrecker

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Have anyone used Excel XP version? Any new tricks, recommendations..???

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
I'm using it! It works very well! A few extra bits added like gridline toggle.

I recommend the upgrade!

Ryan UK :)

Upvote 0
How does the gridline toggle works?

Thank for the advise!

Upvote 0
I strongly recommend the the (currently 2) Service Releases if you go with it. It was occasionally hanging my entire W2K system before that, and this may have stabilized it.

Upvote 0
It's excellent. It has really good error recovery for broken workbooks. The autorecover feature is good. It supports XML workbooks. I like the menu layout better than the XL2000 version on my other machine; there's been some subtle changes in the dialogs too that I like. But I could do with 2000 if necessary. Don't upgrade unless you really want to or need it's features.

Upvote 0
The best part of XP is Text to Speach your applications can now talk to you! JSW

Upvote 0
Yep, XP2002 is worth the trouble, though the initial honeymoon can be rough.

Seemed like it refused to acknowledge my sub-directories within MyDocuments, until I did an end-run from My Computer and opened the file that way.

If you have any sort of notation that employs the "@" sign, 2000 & 2002 will go crazy turning them all into hyperlinks (to nowhere). 2002 allows to turn off that "feature"; 2000 is a bit messier.

Unless you are running a 50" plasma monitor, those "helpful" side menus will irritate you to no end. Visit Tools-Options and uncheck what you don't desire.

Upvote 0
E Xp is OK when you get used to it as Mark say recovery is very good, and its harder to crash, VBA is stronger and help files i would say are for the first time worth reading that are good.

its a bit childish as its always trying to help you which anoys ne a bit

I have fount runs best on NT6 and as such like high memory 512+ but on NT6 256 is fine for most stuff.

I find NT5 is ok but not NT4 and lower???

i have found that NT5 and 6 can get stroppy on fly delivery of files over XP NET6 network and files addressing can be ???? but all in all OK

I would suggest FULL DSP not em or upgrade DSP just best i feel

REMEMBER both NT5 and NT6 have SP's now news SP1 on NT6 and word has it soon SP2 and there are literally billions of addin and mini patches

E XP has patches loads of them and has SP1 also so patch i say is good,

I do recall E Xp SP1 did cause error and slow the system, but SP2 cures that one,m can recall the reason now

Soe indepth - let me know if you need more

Jack

Upvote 0
On 2002-09-14 08:00, XL-Dennis wrote:
In addition to what already has been sad

Dennis - don't edit and correct that to say "said!" It's too funny as is! <grin>

Man, a lot of you people get up early for a Saturday (at least, those in the Western Hemisphere)! 5 A.M., Mark?!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back