Excel Open and Closing Issues

MrDB4Excel

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
What causes Excel to open to the template page when I close an established, often used Excel.xlsm workbook? Sometimes even only xlsx files.
All too often when I am through working on an xlsm file and close it after saving then a fresh instance of Excel opens to the startup choose your template sheet as seen here in this image.
1600763761150.png

In addition, sometimes when I have two instances of xlsm or combination of 1 xlsm and 1 xlsx open, one each to a monitor (I have 2 monitors) and close the file on my left monitor (which is the main display) and then close the remaining file that is on the right monitor (which is the extended display), then when I open a new instance of any worksheet it opens on the left monitor.

I have tried to repair my Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 and this does not alleviate the opening of the startup choose your template sheet. Opening only on the left monitor seems to be temporarily fixed, but as always, any time soon I have found that it does this again.

I would think this is a Windows problem, but Excel is the only program this happens with. Is it possible this happens because I use a lot of xlsm files?

Does anyone have any inkling why this happens. I would appreciate any leads.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back