Excel Perpetual Calendar Date Lookup VBA Issues:

Lazarus3D

So I have been researching this issue for days and I have to say I am stumped. What I am trying to do is put together a perpetual Calendar that is it's own worksheet that can change month to month and year to year. I have been successful building the Calendar and many other upgrades with out any issues. Where I am lost is in the fact that I have a column of Dates (Ex: Tuesday, December 11, 2012) in another worksheet called "DATA". This Column ("B") has a date that a specific number in Column ("A") uses to reference specific information. What I am trying to do is create a VBA that will go thru the Column B search for any dates in a specific month that the Calendar is on and paste the Reference number from Column A, onto the day it falls on. For a better description a way to track an appointment on each day of the month if there is one that falls on that day. There can be up to 5 appointments to each day and I need the VBA to pull every appointment from the list and paste it one above the other. I have been able to make this work perfectly using a user defined function but with 210 cells running each time there is a change it slows everything down to a crawl. I know there has to be an easier way to do this but I am at a loss. I know I am leaving out important information here so if something is unclear please let me know. As a mental picture the calendar runs from B6:H41. Each day has the use of 6 cells, 5 being used for the appointment number. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back