Excel Playing up

bill351

Board Regular
Hi Guys n Girls I have a strange problem that I havn't seen before, Firstly background info this is happening at work and our systems are XP Professional 2002 Service pack 1, Excel 2003 and Explorer 7 all of our info is based in a central HUB that we access through U:Drive All the worksheets in question are very basic no indepth formulas or any macros, it started about 5 months ago and has progressivly gotten worse, initial problem was " Microsoft has encountered a problem" I would normally have 4 or 5 workbooks open entering data very straight forward and have them close . Our IT guys have over the past months installed a different PC., Updated to Service Pack 3, Excel 2007 and the last Explorer 8 and have added extra Ram to the PC. 3 weeks ago everything was good no errors and everything was quick and stable and last week I had my first "Microsoft has encountered" and is progressing, Today I had all sheets open to see if I could track a particular sheet and I went to save a workbook I was working on and the sheets started flickering (like it was recalculating or refreshing over and over) and didnt stop so I went to the next sheet, which was stable and went to save and it started flickering too? I am at a loss as to what is wrong, Over the last 6 months our IT has been upgrading (our security I think) and the PC's has slowly been getting slower and slower,I feel this could be linked to the issues. I have been using these same spreadsheets for the past 4.5 years without a problem until now unfortunatly our IT do not know what the isues could be Please Help

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back