Excel print view into a Spreadsheet

paulw0206

I have got my excel worksheet all formatted to give me a particular print view. However instead of actually printing this view, I would like to export this view into a new Workbook/worksheet and distribute that instead of a harcopy print or PDF file. Is there anything like that out there ?

Thanks, from a first timer.:p

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Welcome to the Board.

Not really. Why don't you just copy the worksheet to a new workbook and distribute that?

Upvote 0
Hi and welcome

I suppose you could copy your data then paste it as a picture. Highlight the range you want to distribute then you have the option to copy as picture or copy the range as is and paste as picture.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your interest and prompt reply guys.
Looked at your suggestions in some detail but does not provide what I am looking for. Yes, am aware I can copy and paste but this does not achieve same result as when "printing". When you print, you can set row headings and column headings, you can set row page breaks and column page breaks - all this is for a great print output which instead of directing to a printer I wish to direct to a spreadsheet which I can "publish". Doing a general copy of a range also takes with it hidden rows and columns. Pasting as Picture also does not help preserve the data as workable.
In effect, my spreadsheet is a comprehensive pricing and costing sheet from which I wish to "publish" a subset which I can achieve by "printing" but want that output into a new excel worksheet with one or two simple commands eg just like "printing".
Other option I suppose is make it a PDF file and then get a PDF to excel converter (saw some available) unless there is a simpler excel option.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back