Excel problem with dragon Naturally Speaking

skyport

The problem I'm encountering with Excel has occurred after an upgrade from Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 11 to the 11 premium version.

Prior to the upgrade, I could dictate directly into a cell and using the word wrap under Excel formatting along with auto fit for the row height, I could perfectly see all the text being entered at the appropriate font size that was selected.

After the upgrade, the best way I can describe it is Excel now seems to treat the dictated information into the cell in a similar manner as the formula window with a very small and limited text size and that cell only displays the actual proper font size after you finish the input in the cell and go to the next cell. This defeats the whole purpose of having selected a larger font size so those of us who have poor eyesight can read it. Instead, after the upgrade, even though the wrap text and auto fit for row height are selected in Excel, it does not actually display as such during the dictation into the cell through Dragon. That is the problem. Once again, I need to be able to see the text at the proper selected font size while it is being dictated into the cell and have it actually wrap into the cell like it previously was. It seems that with the upgrade to Dragon 11 premium it has caused something to prevent the actual word wrapping from visually being observed while dictating, which is the bottom line problem. Once again, this did not occur in the regular version 11 of Dragon. The solution is not to go back to the original version of Dragon, because there are features on the premium version that are needed. However, the above-mentioned problem with the word wrapping and font size being displayed are impossible to deal with.

I am hoping that someone has a solution to this if you can please help.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Have you asked Dragon, as it seems there is no change to your excel from what you have said

Upvote 0
can you review an older spreadsheet that used to work, a. to see if it still does. I'm wondering if its a setting that has been reset

Upvote 0
hi again mole and thanks for helping. I did think of that and did try it and it reacts the same way. I could probably live with it if I could at lease ge the autofill aspect to work which does not. I reviewed under options and it is checked to autofill however, while I am dictating in the cell, it just will not do it. It certainly must be something that involves the upgraded Dragon version however, I was hoping someone in the Excel world (the good guys :) ) would have a work around because Dragon (the bad guys in this case) do not. They simply say to check with Microsft and excel for solutions.

Upvote 0
how about a forum of dragon users, i see that the programme its self is now on version 13. i don't know who its interfaced, or even changed. O would be tempted to reinstall 13, then upgrade again and see if that release anything

Upvote 0
I did some reading around and couldn't see this zoom feature as part of Dragon, listed / quoted anywhere

but there are a number of zoom add ons form other suppliers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianhfield

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back