excel product key, contacting microsoft

baitmaster

I swear Microsoft are the worst company in the world to deal with. Utterly clueless, and appalling customer service

I've a valid copy of Office Pro 2010 which, due to various problems caused from time to time by Microsoft (e.g. forcing me to upgrade to win 8.1 when I specifically said not to, screwing my settings with Office 365 which I then had to remove) I occasionally have to reinstall. 2 or 3 times I've had to reset windows, more than that I've had to reinstall Office

Every time is the same problem, my activation code is not valid. Well, it was when I bought the **** thing years ago; I used it without problem for a while before MS messed the system around. Now, yet again, I can't use it. My work relies on this software. Its all legit and paid for, I have the original packaging, discs, product key, hologram etc.

Can I contact MS to get them to fix it? Can I get a valid product code? NO

Constantly pushed from pillar to post; online help is a joke - re-enter username & password just to be cut off again because they're busy. Eventually get through to someone that simply doesn't understand the problem. Phone is just as bad - always trying to talk to someone that sounds like they're at the far end of an echo chamber on the other side of the moon; again they don't understand the most basic of problems so get passed to multiple other departments even further away before ultimately being cut off YET AGAIN

Rant over, does anyone know how I can get my Excel to work again, preferably without having to purchase another copy..?

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Given that you apparently have an activated Office installation, you likewise appear to have a product key that is sufficient for that purpose. Microsoft doesn't invalidate product keys unless they're known to be pirated. Aside from that, the only time you're likely to have activation issues upon reinstallation is if you're reinstalling on different hardware and your copy of Office has previously been installed on as many different CPUs as the license allows. In such cases, telephone activation may be required. Reinstalling on the same hardware shouldn't cause any activation problems, regardless of how often you do it. If you don't recall what your current product key is and can't find it, you can retrieve it from your current installation with products like the freeware MagialJellyBean.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back