Excel Quirks - Not a Question

Gettingbetter

Just thought I would post this for a laugh,

I found a little excel quirk and thought I would share it,

if you type in a cell =""& and the press alt and enter then type the @ sign and press alt and enter then press the @ sign (repeat the @ and alt enter a couple of times) and your " sign swaps with your @ sign.

Repeat the above to swap them back.

Very Unusual!

Does anyone else know any funny things like this :biggrin:

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Sounds like you're changing your keyboard setting from British to Yank (I hope Truby reads this and gets offended, the vegetable-intolerant so-and-so). Didn't realise you could do it as you specified though.

Richard

1. @ albino carrot -- who tinkled in yer oatmeal this morning. :unsure: Somebody's a bit grumpy on a Monday - lose a couple of quid bettin' on the ponies this weekend or sumpin'? sheesh
  2. @ Gettingbetter -- If you are indeed toggling keyboard settings, you might have a look in the control panel under Regional and Language Settings on the Languages tab there's a Details... button. That opens up a Text Services and Input Languages Dialog on the Setting tab you can add language drivers. I flip between US & Spanish drivers when I need to type e-mails (or MrExcel posts) in Spanish. You can specify hot-key combos using the Key settings... button to allow you to quickly flip board drivers (provided you can remember what the dickens they are).

@ albino carrot -- who tinkled in yer oatmeal this morning. Huh Somebody's a bit grumpy on a Monday - lose a couple of quid bettin' on the ponies this weekend or sumpin'? sheesh

The vegetable patch enforcers, aka the Jerusalem Artichokes and the Brussel Sprouts, are on to you Trudy. I almost feel sorry for you :devilish:

I was going to make a smart comment along the lines of "bring it on, I likes salad"! :p

However, I'm actually a little nervous about battling veggies with a fork and knife at the moment since we've had this e.coli scare going on. :rolleyes: I eat salad every day and I frequently buy salads under a couple of the brands that have been recalled in the last week :coffee: so I'm just a little spooked by dangerous veggies this week :eek:

So much for the thought that it is healthier to be a vegeterian!

Well us carnivore's get mad cow, as well as the occasional E.Coli scare. I kinda feel sorry for Popeye though.

Well us carnivore's get mad cow, as well as the occasional E.Coli scare. I kinda feel sorry for Popeye though.

Popeye was all about the canned spinach though (as opposed to bagged). So, he's still safe.

Well us carnivores get mad cow...
-cbrine

Crikeys, Cal, I'd managed to forget about that! I hope I didn't give them impression that I only eat salads. I try to eat about 200g-250g of protein on days I go to the gym and 100g-150g on days that I don't lift. So that means meat figures prominently into my diet! [Life w/o a little BBQ now and then wouldn't be worth livin'.]

smugly to self as heads out the door for 'chest and back' night at the gym..."well, another lounge thread successfully detoured"...:biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back