Excel Recalculation

Bhyte

When I have more than one open workbook and I delete a sheet in one workbook which has nothing to do with the other open workbook(s), Excel recalculates all open workbooks. How can I stop this behavior? Thanks!

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Set calculation mode to manual? Formulas tab | Calculation group | Calculation Options dropdown button
When I have more than one open workbook and I delete a sheet in one workbook which has nothing to do with the other open workbook(s), Excel recalculates all open workbooks. How can I stop this behavior? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Set calculation mode to manual? Formulas tab | Calculation group | Calculation Options dropdown button

Thanks! I discovered the problem in some VBA code I wrote. Now, I turn off automatic recalculation at the beginning of the code and turn it on at the end. Now things appear to be working fine.

Upvote 0
You are welcome. :)
Thanks! I discovered the problem in some VBA code I wrote. Now, I turn off automatic recalculation at the beginning of the code and turn it on at the end. Now things appear to be working fine.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAT RG

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back