Excel recognize new TABS as data and input data into the formula.

scjc28

Greetings, Im doing a project on bond credit rating. Im given a set of industry and my lecturer wants the credit rating of each industry. As a result i would need a workbook that is adaptable to different industry. Thus i could not hotwired most of my spread sheets.

Problems.

Example, Total assets = total liabilities + owner's equity. (TA=TL+OE)

1.TA is in one spreadsheet tab, TL in another one and OE is in another one . And the formula {TA = TL + OE} is in another one,but all are compiled in one EXCEL workbook. Excel recognise all the cells that i hotwired onto the formula.

2.Since I would need to input a new data, I would delete the old TL. And Input a new spreadsheet with the same tab name called TL. So I want excel to recognise that new TAB sheet "tab name: TL" as the new TL to input into the formula {TA = TL + OE}

When i use a different TL spreadsheet and put it in the workbook, with the same TAB name. Excel would not recognize that new TL spreadsheet input.

How do I make Excel recognize the new TL input as TL ,and still work with the TA=TL+OE formula?

1.Is there a formula, or i would need to nest several formulas?
2.Is there a macro to program excel? If theres one could sombody please post it up and explain how it works.

Im using Excel 2007, and all spreadsheets does not have a macros on them.The spreadsheet design for every spreadsheet would be the same,meaning, all column and rows are parallel to each other.

Thank you

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Why don't you just over-write the existing TL sheet with new data?

Upvote 0
Instead of deleting your TL sheet then creating a new sheet with the same name, just change the data in the current TL sheet, that way formulae in other sheets that reference TL will still be valid.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back