Excel Report Help Needed

A_Kubiak

Hi there, I could really use some help with this report in Excel. Me and my boss have been trying to get this to work for 3 days now and its come to the point that we are not going to get it unless someone is nice enough to give some advice.

We have a report with 2 different sheets. On sheet one there are 13,000 rows of data and columns A-H are filled with different data. column A is our item id and column G has a date that states when the item was sold last. Well, the date in column G is wrong for about 7800 rows and needs changed.

The second sheet in the file is the 7800 rows with just the item id in column A and the correct date in column B. We are looking for an easy way to replace the rows in the first sheet with the correct information from the rows in the second sheet without manually replacing it line by line.

I almost forgot to add in, that in both sheets, column A with the item ids are the same item ids on both those sheets. So column A on sheet one has 13000 rows and included in those 13000 are the 7800 item ids on sheet 2.

We tried using the VLookup function that is incorporated into excel but had absolutly no luck, mostly because we have never used this function before.

Any suggestions/help/feedback on this matter would be greatly appericiated.

By the way, We are using Excel 2000. I know, its old but it still works
Thank You!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Last edited:
unfortantly, no. The rows are not consecutive in both sheets. The 7800 rows are jumbled into the mix of the 12000 rows, some may be in consecutive order, followed by other that may be 10-12 rows farther down and etc.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back