excel routine that can detect when a value is dropped into a cell?

Gobshite

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
As part of my job role I have to copy 64732816473218 billion bits of information per second from a web page into excel cell
This was working fine whilst I was dragging from Google Chrome, but know I have to use Internet Explorer it takes 2 hours to paste allllllllll the properties of one word of text on a web page into an excel cell
Rudimentary maths will show the impact on my job has changed what I used to complete in hours, now takes days.

I'm trying to embed some code to so that when I drop text into a cell it only pastes the value, but I fell at the first fence because I cant find an excel routine that can detect when a value is dropped into a cell

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
As part of my job role I have to copy 64732816473218 billion bits of information per second from a web page into excel cell
This was working fine whilst I was dragging from Google Chrome, but know I have to use Internet Explorer it takes 2 hours to paste allllllllll the properties of one word of text on a web page into an excel cell
Rudimentary maths will show the impact on my job has changed what I used to complete in hours, now takes days.

I'm trying to embed some code to so that when I drop text into a cell it only pastes the value, but I fell at the first fence because I cant find an excel routine that can detect when a value is dropped into a cell

Any ideas?
Rudimentary maths tells me that you shouldn't try to download the Internet...
64732816473218 billion bits???

Upvote 0
when a value is dropped into a cell
Do you mean, when a cell's value changes?
If so, use the sheet's "Worksheet_Change" event, in the sheet's module, in the VBA project browser.

Upvote 0
If so, use the sheet's "Worksheet_Change" event, in the sheet's module, in the VBA project browser.
Pretty sure this does not fire until after the cell as been updated which after the 2 hours it takes to paste all properties. Any other ideas? I think it's beyond the scope of XL

Upvote 0
Is there an XL setting causing it to default to pasting values only?

Upvote 0
Is the Copy from Web automated, or do you select manually in IE?
If manually, you can right-click and paste special data. There's equivalents if you have automated using VBA

Upvote 0
Doesn't fire until AFTER the cell has changed. Obviously

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamz high

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back