Excel Save to PDF Page Size Issue

Jasuan

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I have been saving multiple sheets within our companies workbook to pdf since the pandemic started with no issues. When the pdf would open, all of the pages would be the exact same width. It seems an update to either excel or pdf has caused it to where now one of my sheets is about an inch wider than the other sheets. Any ideas if there is a setting in excel that became engaged with a recent update? I am an Office 365 for enterprise user.
Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 199
I have been able to reproduce your results of having different widths when printing different sheets to the same PDF file in only 2 ways.
  1. Having the wider sheet with a Page Setup of Landscape and the other with a Page Setup as Portrait.
    You have ruled this one out.
  2. To have different Page Setup Paper Size setting. I set one page to A3 (Wider probably equivalent to US Ledger or Tabloid) and the other to the more standard A4 ( roughly equivalent to Letter)
1619583224236.png

1619583376370.png

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Hey Alex,
So my page setup is all good (same orientation and paper size). What is different from your screenshots on my documents is scaling is you have yours set to scale to fit to 1 page rather than adjusting to a percent of normal size.

I hate to report this, but the issue just up and stopped. I did nothing and changed no settings.

Upvote 0
Haha, that would be right.

I can confirm that I have tested scaling and it made no difference to how the size of the actual page looked in the pdf (nor did margins).
Like I said in my previous posting only having different page orientations or different paper sizes allowed me to replicate what you were getting.
Anyway, if it is working for you now. Lets just leave it there for now and see if it happens again.
Thanks for the update.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB_Unlv

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back