Excel sheet password

Tejeci

Office Version
  1. 2016
  2. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Greetings all,

I hope u guys can help me with a problem I have.

I wanted to put some password from some sheets in my excel file. I know I can put password to restrict editing cells, rows/columns etc, but I need to put a password to restrict sheet from opening in the first place.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Under the File menu, in the Info section there is a Protect Workbook dropdown where you can choose the Encrypt Workbook option and add a password to open the file.

Upvote 0
Under the File menu, in the Info section there is a Protect Workbook dropdown where you can choose the Encrypt Workbook option and add a password to open the file.
Thanks RoryA, but that's not what I was looking. I only need some certain sheets (inside the file) to not open whithout a password

Upvote 0
Before you start, you should be aware that anyone with half a brain will be able to bypass this. If you need it to actually be secure, this is a waste of time.

Upvote 0
Before you start, you should be aware that anyone with half a brain will be able to bypass this. If you need it to actually be secure, this is a waste of time.
Is it for me?

Upvote 0
No, it was for the OP as I hadn't seen your post. It will apply to that solution too though. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back