excel survey calcustion, pre and post session.

Iain McBride

A colleague has asked to see if there a way of creating a formula to calculate the progression that a group of young people have made through a survey folllowing a short course.
The table below shows 9 young people and where they gauged their level of understanding before and after the session (1 being not at all and 4 completely understand)

prepostprepostprepostprepostprogression

<tbody>
</tbody>

Is there a formula that will calculate the difference that each student has made (ie post-pre = progression)?

Thanks
Iain

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Always a good idea to provide the expected results and an explanation of how you would get them manually. As it is, we are left to guess both. This is my guess.

Excel Workbook
ABCDEFGHIJ
2prepostprepostprepostprepostprogression
8611-1
10811-1
Progress

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • find many based on a certain criteria
    good evening, I hope someone can help me? I have a workbook sheet 2 contains lots of data.... I would like to be able to find anything on sheet...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...
  • Text Format
    I have a sheet for user to keyin the data. The format of the data can be 451 / 1903, 0012 / 9908 or 00287 / 0099. The number after the "/" is...
  • Syntax errors
    Good Morning, Trying to compile a workbook, I keep getting a few errors. Here are the first two: [code=rich]Syntax Error: Function...