Excel Table - Form Wizard (Custom DataForm)

moxy85

Board Regular
Hi,
I have a table, many headers and records. This is in Excel and unfortuneately needs to remain in Excel rather than move to a database.

I'm looking to create a userform to display the record data and allow the data to be amended / written back to the sheet.

I can do this with the 'DataForm' command built into Excel, however this displays all the records and doesn't display some of them correctly i.e. Hyperlinks.

Has anyone built a UserForm creator / wizard tool in VBA to at least get the bare bones of the UserForm pulled together as a base.
Or
Does anyone know if there is a way to customise the built in DataForm? as this would solve my exact requirements perfectly.

Seems odd that I've been able to find a solution, surely there are lots of tables out there that need data entry front ends. (Not Access please).

Many thanks in advanced.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

Fluff

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
There is no way of modifying the built-in data form, so will need to create you own userform.
Also I have never encountered any wizard for creating a userform as each form will vary depending on what you need.
If you are new to creating UserForms, have a look here Create an Excel UserForm

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kbendelac

This Week's Hot Topics