Excel Table - Form Wizard (Custom DataForm)

moxy85

Board Regular
Hi,
I have a table, many headers and records. This is in Excel and unfortuneately needs to remain in Excel rather than move to a database.

I'm looking to create a userform to display the record data and allow the data to be amended / written back to the sheet.

I can do this with the 'DataForm' command built into Excel, however this displays all the records and doesn't display some of them correctly i.e. Hyperlinks.

Has anyone built a UserForm creator / wizard tool in VBA to at least get the bare bones of the UserForm pulled together as a base.
Or
Does anyone know if there is a way to customise the built in DataForm? as this would solve my exact requirements perfectly.

Seems odd that I've been able to find a solution, surely there are lots of tables out there that need data entry front ends. (Not Access please).

Many thanks in advanced.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
There is no way of modifying the built-in data form, so will need to create you own userform.
Also I have never encountered any wizard for creating a userform as each form will vary depending on what you need.
If you are new to creating UserForms, have a look here Create an Excel UserForm

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back