Excel: take data from input sheet and insert in different sheet based on criteria

Chiller75

I am assembling a work order tracking workbook. Sheet 1 contains a dashboard with that uses basic countifs and sumifs to plug in data from a work order input sheet. The input sheet contains cells that have date,unit,task,labor,parts,status. The balance of the work book contains sheets for each unit. I am looking for help to accomplish the following;

Sheet 1 Dashboard
Sheet 2 Work Order Input
Sheets 3 - 100 - summary of work orders for each vacation rental

I want to pull the input data as it is entered and auto plug into the individual unit sheets based on the unit # criteria

For instance when i enter the work order information into sheet 2, i want excel to search criteria for that specified unit and take the date,task,labor,parts and status and plug into one of the sheets 3-100 and track.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Hi Chiller75

I know what you wrote makes perfect sense to you.

But i feel there is some information missing.

Do you have all of the sheets created(all 100?)
how will the search be executed, for instance, input box for the search criteria?
where should the search, search, what range.
what defines the sheet the copied data will go on
where will the data need to be placed on the sheet?

thanks

dave

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am assembling a work order tracking workbook. Sheet 1 contains a dashboard with that uses basic countifs and sumifs to plug in data from a work order input sheet. The input sheet contains cells that have date,unit,task,labor,parts,status. The balance of the work book contains sheets for each unit. I am looking for help to accomplish the following;

Sheet 1 Dashboard
Sheet 2 Work Order Input
Sheets 3 - 100 - summary of work orders for each vacation rental

I want to pull the input data as it is entered and auto plug into the individual unit sheets based on the unit # criteria

For instance when i enter the work order information into sheet 2, i want excel to search criteria for that specified unit and take the date,task,labor,parts and status and plug into one of the sheets 3-100 and track.
[/QUOTE]
Any chance you can post your file or one that is representative of your current file? Very tough to develop a solution with such limited information.

Upvote 0
When asking for help here you have to give exact specific details like:

Exact sheet names: Like this: "Dashboard" "OrderInput"

And we need to know in what column is the "Unit sheet name"

So your saying on sheet "OrderInput" when you enter a sheet name in column ?? you want that entire row of data copied to that sheet. So if you enter "2011" you want that row of data copied to a sheet named "2011" We need to know what column your entering this number into.
Is that what your wanting.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back