Excel takes too long to open in Microsoft Teams

Beau the dog

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good morning all,

I have an excel spreadsheet I created for our team and placed it on Microsoft Teams, we all use it daily and it's been fine. Basic run down of spreadsheet is this...

on hire tab - each member of our team enters vehicle hires for their respective contracts, registration, supplier, cost ETC there are around 30 columns to input data. They just enter a new hire on the next row down. This tab is data entry only, only one formula counting the days until the 'planned off hire date'

I have created tabs for each contract and used the filter formula to only list the hires for whichever contract the tab is named. (I used a filter formula inside a filter formula to select the main columns I wanted to to display). There are about 15 contracts.

Theres an archive tab, where we just copy and paste data over when the vehicle is off hired.

Lastly a dashboard, using various basic countif, sumif, vlookup ETC to give an overview of the whole thing.

I updated the spreadsheet using pivot tables, charts and slicers to give a better looking, and more interactive, dashboard. It now takes forever to load and the team are moaning!! Has anyone else experienced this?

Previous file size was around 800-900kb
New file size is 12,357kb

The Team like the changes I made but not the time it take to open...like over 5 minutes.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
I wouldn't imagine those changes making that big of a file size difference.

Check the scrollbars on the tabs, it may be a whole sheet is a used range.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back