Excel Timeline slicer disable moving and resizing

mdenne

I am trying to lock down the "Timeline" slicer from being moved and resized but still allow the user to adjust it. I know with all other types of slicers you can check the box under position properties "Disable moving and resizing." When I look at the position properties for the Timeline it shows that box but it is unable to be checked. I have searched all over for a solution and it would seem that you can't disable moving and sizing of Timelines only slicers. My questions are:

1) Can you disable the moving and resizing of Timelines?
2) If not, is there a way using VBA to disable the moving and resizing property of the Timeline box?, I could not seem to find the syntax on MSDN to do this.
3) Any other outside of the box ideas to accomplish this? I know creating my own Object is an option, but I really don't have the skills to program an object like that so an out of the box solution would be more useful to me.

It just seems strange that you could lock the moving and resizing of Slicer boxes but not Timeline boxes, almost like it was an oversight.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back