Excel to Access (HELP!!!)

DaGoose

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
This may be a very simple problem if'n you know what your doing, which leaves me out!
I use Excel 90% of the time BUT now I got the chore of updating an ACCESS file that I did not create, know nothing about, and dont really understand it. The problem I have is, Is there a way that when information is put into My Excel from several people that I can link it to Access so I do not have to enter it twice. I know "nutin" about Access. The person that took care of the Access file is no longer with the company. I have got the joy of keeping the access file up to date. (Color me happy :biggrin: )

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
You can link an Excel file to an Access table. From Access, simply go to the Table section, right click the mouse anywhere in the white space, and select LinkTables and browse to your Excel file.

If you are using a version of Access/Excel 97, 2000, or XP, you should be able to update the values in your table from either Excel or Access, and the changes will automatically be apparent in the other.

Upvote 0
Thank you Thank you. I am getting a crash course on Access. ACCESS for Dummies (Thats me) is getting worn out! Your solution worked wonders!

Upvote 0
Your welcome. Glad that solved your problem. :biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uzair Tahir Khan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back