Excel to Outlook

Roni

Board Regular
I have a list of birthday dates (just month and day) and names in Excel (columns A and B respectively). What i'd like to do is somehow have my Outlook calendar be updated with the birthdays (automatically) and have a reminder sent to me each month/day a birthday is coming. is this possible????

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
that's a bit above my learning curve... do i put those scripts in excel? in outlook? What does this first line mean "Before you can use these example you must set a reference to the Outlook Object Library." ?

Upvote 0
All of this code gets placed inside of the Excel Workbook. With the workbook containing your dates, you press Alt+F11 to open the VBA editor. Then you need to install the Outlook object plugin to this file: select Tools->References and place a check next to Microsoft Outlook 11.0 Object Library. Now you have given excel th eproper tools to manipulate Outlook.

Then select Insert->Module, and this is where you enter code. The sample code that is listed in the referenced article is simply a set ofinstructions to create a single new appointment. In your case, you would need to write other code to loop and create one new appointment for each entry in your list.

If ll of this is Greek to you, you may wish to take a step back and learn some fundamentals before trying to move too far forward...

Upvote 0
I've just come across this post and this relates to something I have been trying to do with Excel and Outlook.

I am using similar code to that in the above link to open the default calendar but what I want to do is open someone else's calendar. Any idea how I can do this?

Ultimately, I'd like to populate Outlook from Excel too but I'm taking things slow at the moment.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back