Excel to PowerPoint

Livin404

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Greetings, In the near future I will begin the process of moving data from Excel to tables in PowerPoint. I do know this forum is for Excel, but right now I'm in the exploratory stage. I would like to get the data you see in Excel to the specific format you see in the PowerPoint. Before we would just cut
Mr excel question.PNG
and paste data from Word to PowerPoint. Now we have the same information in Excel, is it even possible to send it over to PowerPoint? The end product has to be PowerPoint? I would want each day to have their own slide and the table have the ability to increase or decrease based on the number of entries for each day. The example you see is for arrivals, on a different workbook I have the departures and they will go on the same PowerPoint presentation as the arrivals. Thank you, for now I'm just trying to figure the best way to broach this.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Hi,
One option is to "paste link" to PowerPoint, so the PowerPoint version updates as changes are made to the excel file.
Copy the range in Excel, go to PowerPoint and using the little arrow under the Paste icon, select "Paste Special", select the tick box to "Paste Link"
I suggest you try an experiment with opening and closing files afterwards and see if it works for you.

More info and a list of associated risks are here:-

cheers
Paul.

Upvote 0
Hi,
One option is to "paste link" to PowerPoint, so the PowerPoint version updates as changes are made to the excel file.
Copy the range in Excel, go to PowerPoint and using the little arrow under the Paste icon, select "Paste Special", select the tick box to "Paste Link"
I suggest you try an experiment with opening and closing files afterwards and see if it works for you.

More info and a list of associated risks are here:-

cheers
Paul.
I’ll look into it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back