Excel to PowerPoint

Lingg

I've got around 12 charts and graphs from excel I want all to be linked in a Power Point Presentation. This power point will be running 24-7 on a 40" TV in our office, however, it needs to be updated daily. We are not interested in having this presentation need to be updated manually. We'd want it so that when ever there is a change in Excel it will auto matically update our presentation. What is the best way to do this. I'm open to any ideas. Is it possible to have a module that allows it to loop a number of times before it auto updates? Or maybe make all the workbooks the powerpoint links from shareable so they can be running as well?

Any Ideas will help
Feel free to ask questions
Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Are the 12 charts on one page or 12 pages and running like a show?

If they're on one page, why not do it in Excel anyway and have it as a shared workbook.

Upvote 0
there are currently 6 charts on the first slide, 4 on the next, 3 on the next, and one on the last. More will be added later but I wanted to get this working before I realized... I don't know what I'm doing. I've thought about just using Excel but is there a way to use excel like Power Point? As in flash from one sheet to the next using time intervals while hiding all the ribbon and ugly random stuff on the sides?

Thanks

Upvote 0
i doubt there's an automated way of transfering excel data to adobe as well for ppt
maybe you can say why exactly you can't use excel for presentation, and then maybe we can come with an alternate solution to suit your needs

Upvote 0
Each chart is detailed, (has small print) all of the charts we need to look at will not fit onto just one window of Excel. The charts are organized according to Safety, Reliability then Production. Looking at all of those charts at the same time isn't what I'd like.

The premise is simple, have a ppt file that updates with out having to click the *Refresh* button.

Upvote 0
i see ..

i have no idea how you can find a way around this, sorry.

at this point i can only think of using the zoom feature or the page layout feature that can be found on the left hand side of zoom option, to separate your sections and focus on specific parts when you need to.

Upvote 0
That isn't a bad Idea, but then how do you pause each zoom (using VBA I presume) for a set duration of time?

Upvote 0
So far I've put this code together, however it doesn't work

Code:
Sub Refresh()
Dim shp As Shape
Set shp = ActivePresentation.Slides(2).Shapes("Chart 7")
shp.Chart.Refresh
End Sub

I'm sure this is the direction I should be taking to update a chart through VBA but it just isn't working the way I had hoped.

any extra help will be appreciated

Upvote 0
If the 12 charts are in the same format, how about using a dynamic range to populate the charts, which is linked to a cell that changes from 1 to 12 through VBA?

That way you always show the same 'chart' but it changes every 10 seconds - or however you set it up.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back