Excel to Word - Formatted with Titles, Heading 1 via ActiveX Check Box

noslenwerd

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
This might be a bit confusing so bear with me. I am aware that you can use VBA to transfer excel information into a Word Document, but looking for more advanced formatting.
I am looking to do the following:
  1. When someone selects an ActiveX Checkbox in my spreadsheet for "E-Commerce Overview," I would like the content shown in the image below to populate in the Word Template I specify.
  2. I would need to be certain that formatting in Word will relay "E-Commerce Overview" as a Title, "Value Proposition" as Heading 1, and that the [CUSTOMER NAME] pulls from the excel sheet and populates into the Word Doc.
  3. This formatting is important because we are using a table of contents at the start of the Word Document.
I am not necessarily asking for someone to write the code for me, but I just want to know this is possible before diving into the rabbit hole.

MREXCEL.jpg

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Hi noslenwerd and Welcome to the Board! It is possible. It seems that U will need to develop a Word template with bookmarks for insertion of data from XL. HTH. Dave

Upvote 0
Hi noslenwerd and Welcome to the Board! It is possible. It seems that U will need to develop a Word template with bookmarks for insertion of data from XL. HTH. Dave

Thanks for the welcome! I have a good general understanding of how to use bookmarks via word templates, but where I am stuck is:

1. How can I use ActiveX checkboxes in excel to dictate what information shows in Excel?
  2. Is there a way to "hide" information in Word that is only revelaed when that checkbox is selected?
Essentially this is a call recap document that will only show information discussed on the call. For instance:

I fill out the excel sheet, click the checkbox for "Topic 1, Topic 3", and only those two topics populate into the Word Doc.

Upvote 0
U will still need to read the forum(s) guidelines and post links to other sites that U have posted at as per the general netiquette that I suggested at that other site. Dave

Upvote 0
Thanks Dave... Looks like I am unable to edit my first post, so here is the link to where I posted on another forum.

Upvote 0
Thanks for addressing the forum guidelines for both forums. Maybe a template document containing bookmarks (or other holders/locations) to insert your chosen topics wouldn't be the best. If you were to create a Word document and then place the contents of each topic within some defined area (ie. between bookmarks for eg.) you could then set a range to whatever topic U are interested in and then copy and paste the range/topic to a new document. So, U would select your checkboxes in XL, then via VBA open the Word document with all of your stored topics, copy the ranges (ie. topics) as checkbox indicated, open a new document and paste them into it. Seems like it would work. HTH. Dave

Upvote 0
@noslenwerd
While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Please supply links to ALL sites where you have asked this question. (3 others that I know of)
Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Dave... Looks like I am unable to edit my first post, so here is the link to where I posted on another forum.

That isn't the only cross-post site, there are multiple others also. Kindly provide all cross-post links - and do so on each of the other sites, too.

Upvote 0
I do apologize.. I am new to posting on forums for excel related questions. I will only post on Mr Excel in the future to avoid confusion :)

Upvote 0
You still haven't provided all your cross-post links - here or anywhere else. Until you do, don't expect help on any forum.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back