excel training

arnoldmiranda

Board Regular
Hi,
I am planning a small excel workshop in basics for my team, would appreciate if anybody could suggest some websites that could help me facilitate this....thks

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
I have been questioned over my posts complementing Dave Hawley {ozgrid} well YES dave is a wonderful pal im proud to chat to and hes BRITISH, but i can only say two things Dave site is used by most on this site as reference, but also check out MVP on this site they have lush site .

Else th big call.. this site will teach you all you need if you invest the time that is,,,, ALL regular posters are so good .. you cnat help but learn!

Upvote 0
Hey Paddy D, good to speak, Dave Hawley has on line training also not free but fair price, i have had good reports from them but very intrested in post of free training, this is good, not every man on the street can afford to pay $$$$ and im pleased that there are FREEBIES out there.

Funny you might or not know im working/helping a project thats TOPS i said seel as an add in - make cash, i was asked why - so we ca give the cash to someone and help them ??? Nar my pal said GIVE IT AWAY!!!

Cool... will be here soon, ITS PUCKER!!!! Trust Jack here. Respect to my pal!

Upvote 0
Hi PaddyD.

MSKB ??? come on tell me where did that one come from? Sounds like a few know me or my plans or my studys!

One or two projects are in development and the ome at the minute is HOT, but a great pal is running that one, and funny i kicked it of and they are doin gthe magic, is cool and $&!#&$) (*$(*$ Microsoft dont have this covered ???? stupid that is, but soon the world will have it and i have two web sites that are willing to have a link to so everyone can have it free.

Next il have another and so one, thus the fewer posts...

JacksKB, working on it but its a tad hard, the idea is to give TOPS!

Upvote 0
Hi Jack,

Either I'm a sleuth to rival Sherlock Holmes, or I've read your profile!

PAddy

Upvote 0
Do you have an idea what the users are lacking in? Have you watched over their shoulder?

These are end-users, or people who plan to write code, record macros, etc.

What do they do with Excel? Fancy typewriter? If it's just a fancy typewriter, then focus on the fancy typewriter stuff. Copy and paste, the various ways of doing it, how it's adequate to copy the row, and then select only the first column of the desired paste area, instead of selecting the whole range.

What about math operations? Do they reach for a calculator for totalling columns? Perhaps it's a protected sheet, and the Sigma icon isn't available. Show them Alt=, show them how selecting the area to be totaled puts a total down in the status bar.

Do they print a lot of pages, but only need the first sheet? Show them how to select PrintArea.

Is there a worksheet used over and over as a form, and each time they manually clear the cells? Set up a button to engage a "ResetSheet" macro.

Before you go out and get the coffee and donuts (actually, I prefer bagels.....) ASK THEM what they want, what they are not so confident about, the operations they perform over and over.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back