excel.uservoice.com

hz79hc

How does one escalate a popular request on subject board? "Add Evaluate Formula to Mac app" has been requested for YEARS and gets several new requests each week. We need a hero like Mr. Excel to help!

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
How does one escalate a popular request on subject board?
I guess, talking about it to get more votes, just like you did. I just saw your message and voted for the suggestion.

"Add Evaluate Formula to Mac app" has been requested for YEARS and gets several new requests each week.
I can see this suggestion was already planned, so MS developers are monitoring the suggestions.

However, there are two things here.
  1. I think the Mac version will be always "secondary".
  2. They will be always very busy. (as it is obvious from the date that suggestion was posted, 2015, and the date that they marked the suggestion as planned, 2018).

Thanks for your reply. Yes, neither of those 2 points are surprising--the frustrations are (1) you can't get much more "core" in functionality than error-killing cell formulas and (2) people like me pay for Microsoft 365 in order to have capabilities on the supported products on the supported platforms. As for busy, yes I've done IT apps production support in a past life.

I did also reach out to an Excel MVP to see if a back-channel conversation to developers could help...

I did also reach out to an Excel MVP to see if a back-channel conversation to developers could help
Ha! Unless you're an enterprise customer, or can get a huge swell of support, you're basically ignored in my experience. They're too busy reimagining functionality that already exists. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back