Excel VBA based Error - "run-time error '-2147221231 (80040111)':

mena139

Every time I try to run the Macro that i have inherited from previous employees here, i get this new run time error.

run-time error '-2147221231 (80040111)':

automation error
ClassFactory Cannot supply requested class

when i hit debug it takes me to the following line

Dim objDataControl As BLP_DATA_CTRLLib.BlpData
Set objDataControl = New BlpData

and highlights the second. any advice on how to fix this or why this error is happening. yesterday this file wokred without issue and today I seem to be missing something.
any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
The error suggests a problem with an object or ActiveX control and likely means that your inherited macro requires an object or control (BLP_DATA_CTRLLib.BlpData) that is not installed on your PC. A random amount of googling also suggests that some people have seen macros using the Bloomberg Data Control developed under 2010 crash when ported to Excel 2016

Upvote 0
The error suggests a problem with an object or ActiveX control and likely means that your inherited macro requires an object or control (BLP_DATA_CTRLLib.BlpData) that is not installed on your PC. A random amount of googling also suggests that some people have seen macros using the Bloomberg Data Control developed under 2010 crash when ported to Excel 2016

yes, Bloomberg have updated their "Bloomberg Office Tools (32-bit)" on May 1st and I am having the same problem.
Will update when I have an answer...

Upvote 0
yes, Bloomberg have updated their "Bloomberg Office Tools (32-bit)" on May 1st and I am having the same problem.
Will update when I have an answer...

BLOOMBERG HELP DESK:
We have been sending out notifications in Excel since February, but there were some limitations in our ability to detect usage of the legacy APIs. This prevented some people from receiving notifications or receiving them late. We can keep the API enabled for an additional month. If you think you need more time than that, please contact your sales rep
ME: So it's an account setting on your side??13:01:11 BLOOMBERG HELP DESK : Yes, you have now been reverted. Please restart your computer to see the changes take place.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back