Excel VBA crashes on 1 pc, works on other

storm8

Hi,

I have a VBA code that creashes my excel every time I run it. the funny thing is that it works on 2 different PC well.

It involves copying information from an array placed in a class, run some data verification on it and save it in different class.
As hard as try I cannot find any code error (the code is rather long and complex) - but as I said it works well on other computers, so there probably is no major issue.

I am also not able to find the exact spot where it crashes. if I step trough the code it works, but once I run it crashes excel.

The original problem was with Excel 2010 x64 win 7, I have also tested it with excel 2013 x64 and on both excels under virtual Win 8.
No matter the configuration the excel would crash on 1 machine and work on others.

I have also tested exporting all modules and importing them to new workbook. running the code would freeze excel again :/

My CPU is Intel C2D P8700

any suggestions on how to fix this or where to look for more help?

thanks

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Excel freezes, "Microsoft Excel has stopped working" window appears, then the app restarts.

Upvote 0
Originally it was not run on VM but on normal instalation of Win 7 x64 and Office 2010 x64
since it apparently does not run on other version of excel or windows on that computer I think it might be some incompatibility with my CPU. But I have no idea how to test it or go around.

Upvote 0
The other PCs are both Win7 x64, one with Intel i5, other with intel i3. Since all my pcs are x64 I prefer 64bit verisons of office. You think that 32 bit might behave better?

edit: I have tested it on the PC it crashes with virtual Win 8 and Office 2010 x86. What a surprise, id did not crash. But I really like to continue using x64 version of office They are faster, are they?
:/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeah, I work with LOADS of data. Going to 32 might be a solution but I would really like to keep my 64 version and fix the problem. Andrew, do you have any suggestion or tip what might be possible cause of my problem, or how could I fix it/ find more resources?

these are the references I use, but I don't think is because of some of them

Visual Basic For Applications
Microsoft Excel 15.0 Object Library
Microsoft Office 15.0 Object Library
Microsoft Form 15.0 Object Library
Microsoft Scripting Runtime
OLE Automation
Solver
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 6.1 Library

thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back