Excel VBA Date Picker on User Form other than Microsoft Date Picker

Jaye Cavallo

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am using Excel 2016 for work with a user form that I created in a earlier version of Excel (2013). On that form, I made use of a date picker that was not the Microsoft Date Picker, mainly because when I shared the Excel file with my colleagues, I found that the MS Date Picker had to be installed on all of their individual computers. The IT team did not want to install the ocx file on all of the computers. Thus, I made use of another date picker found in the additional controls for the toolbox. However, there is not a date picker available in the upgraded version of Excel 2016. I get an error in my form when I launch the form because the object does not exist.

Can anyone recommend a solution for how I can make use of another date picker option on my form? The only other option I see is the Outlook Date Control which does not work on my form.

Any help is appreciated.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Here are a couple alternatives, among many...

The first one is a very simple one, whereas the second one is fully customizable.

Hope this helps!
Hello, thank you for the response. Are these solutions that I can easily add to my user form so users can select a date and it populates on the user form?

Upvote 0
Yes, for example, to return the selected date to a TextBox on your UserForm, let's say TextBox1...

VBA Code:
    Dim userDate As Date
    userDate = frmCalendar.selectDate(Me.TextBox1.Value)

If userDate > 0 Then
        Me.TextBox1.Value = userDate
    End If

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Yes, for example, to return the selected date to a TextBox on your UserForm, let's say TextBox1...

VBA Code:
    Dim userDate As Date
    userDate = frmCalendar.selectDate(Me.TextBox1.Value)

If userDate > 0 Then
        Me.TextBox1.Value = userDate
    End If

Hope this helps!
Hi, I am sorry, but I am having a brain cramp. I downloaded the xlc date picker and extracted the files. I don't understand how to add the date picker to my form where I need it. I have attached my form and the blank space next to "Date*" is where my previous date picker control was placed. I guess the previous date picker is not compatible with the latest version of Excel.

Attachments

• my_form.png
    my_form.png
    45 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back