Excel VBA Display text box vs. Input text box values fail to transfer with display text box method, Compile error: Method or data member not found

Hasanain Shuja

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I have 2 scenarios where:
1. I have an integrated VBA form where values are input manually in a textbox and I get results outputted successfully.
I was able to find an i.e. =embed((m1r1) command in the textbox but can't seem to access it again.

The first sheet has code like this where it transfers it to a row below in the same spreadsheet after pressing add and then the values are cleared in the textbox

VBA Code:
ws.Cells(irow, 2).Value = Me.m1r1.Value
ws.Cells(irow, 3).Value = Me.m1r2.Value
ws.Cells(irow, 4).Value = Me.m1r3.Value
ws.Cells(irow, 5).Value = Me.m1r4.Value
ws.Cells(irow, 6).Value = Me.m1r5.Value

2. I have a 2nd modified file with an integrated VBA form where the values are derived from another spreadsheet inside the same workbook.
I made references to the first spreadsheet with the syntax below. The textbox is equal to a cell value from the other sheet so can't input text into it.
However, when I click the add button it gives me Compile error: Method or data member not found

VBA Code:
ws.Ranges(irow, 3).Value = Sheet1.Range("K8").Value

ws.Ranges(irow, 4).Value = Sheet1.Range("L8").Value

ws.Ranges(irow, 5).Value = Sheet1.Range("J9").Value

ws.Ranges(irow, 6).Value = Sheet1.Range("K9").Value

I'm using the property value (Name) to reference the spreadsheet. I'd prefer to just use the values straight from the textbox but can't find a way to click the textbox and figure out it's name.
There doesn't seem to be a form in VBA when I open it up so the form seems integrated into the spreadsheet.

Ideally I want to be able to just take the value from the display spreadsheet cell and have it added in the rows below.
i.e. me.m1r1textbox.Value but I can't find a properties tab for those boxes after I added a formula into them.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

display vs input sheets.PNG

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
There is no Ranges property of a worksheet. Try
VBA Code:
ws.Cells(irow, 3).Value = Sheet1.Range("K8").Value

Upvote 0
Hi I did try it and it still gets the same error:

Compile error: Method or data member not found

The original textbox cell allowed for manually inputting a value but it also said:
I couldn't find a way to access that formula again in the older spreadsheet that has the textboxes for inputting values.
=EMBED("m1r1".....can't remember all of the syntax)

data added to row below.PNG

Upvote 0
I would suspect that the problem lies with the EMBED command. AFAIK, its not a standard Excel feature. And none of the code you posted uses it, so we can't comment on your use of it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melvetica

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back