Excel vba - filter pivots

Status
Not open for further replies.

joejs

I have 2 different pivot tables on different Excel sheets using different data sources. They both have a "Style" column that can be filtered. When I filter for style on one pivot table I want the other pivot table to automatically (or with a button) filter for those same selected styles.
I am currently working on this code I found on a different forum. In the objects section in VBA I have:

<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: inherit; white-space: inherit;"> Sub ChangePivotFilter()
Dim WS As Excel.Worksheet
Dim aWB As Excel.Workbook
Dim myPivot As Excel.PivotTable
Dim myPivotField As Excel.PivotField
Set aWB = ActiveWorkbook
ForEach WS In aWB.Worksheets
ForEach myPivot In WS.PivotTables

Set myPivotField =Nothing

OnErrorResumeNext

Set myPivotField = myPivot.PivotFields(“Style”)

myPivotField
.CurrentPage =“Style”

Next myPivot

Next WS

EndSub

</code>In the module section in VBA I have:

<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: inherit; white-space: inherit;"> Sub Button1_Click()

Dim s$

Application
.EnableEvents =False

If Target.Name ="PivotTable1"Then
With ThisWorkbook.PivotTables
Let s =.Item("PivotTable1").PivotFields("Style").CurrentPage
.Item("PivotTable2").PivotFields("Style").ClearAllFilters
.Item("PivotTable2").PivotFields("Style").CurrentPage = s
EndWith
Else
With ThisWorkbook.PivotTables
Let s =.Item("PivotTable2").PivotFields("Style").CurrentPage
.Item("PivotTable1").PivotFields("Style").ClearAllFilters
.Item("PivotTable1").PivotFields("Style").CurrentPage = s
EndWith
EndIf

Application
.EnableEvents =True

EndSub</code>

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicky736

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...