Excel VBA Formula for new Email To's & CC's

NatashaGillWH

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hiya!

I am wanting to set up a object that will be called "Email RFI" with macros linked that will draft a new email based on various information in cells. I want the macro to pick up the name in cell B/C12 in worksheet "RFI", and then make the To: part of the email the email address in cell C18 in Worksheet "Job Details" Screen shots below.

1597267860646.png

1597267891884.png

However, i need this to be flexible, as the template already has a macro working on it so it copies everything from the template and when i click "new", it creates RFI1, then RFI2 and so on. And also the name of who it's addressed to could change depending on who it needs to go to, so sometimes it may go to Heather and othertimes it may go to Rachel which i need the VBA to pick up the name on the RFI worksheets in B/C12 and automatically know to address the email to the email next to that name on the Job Details spreadsheet. If that makes sense?

I will also want to include a CC function, where it again picks up the names associated in RFI worksheets, cells B/C 41:48 and will include them in this same email as a CC and grab their emails from cells C18:25 from worksheet "Job Details"
1597268023203.png

Any ideas? It's a lot, but would save a lot of our processing time making new emails and typing each To and CC in.

I feel it would beneficial to create the macro on the "Template" worksheet, so that when i click the "new rfi" macro on the template worksheet, it copies over all the information including the "Email RFI" macro and still picks up the correct details.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
So do you want to create an email tab to then create an email? It is not clear what you have in this total spreadsheet. Any chance you can upload a sample file?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back