Excel VBA to copy/paste, lookup, and aggregate dynamic ranges on multiple tabs

Smartkid

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone!

I’m an Excel VBA novice. I have a file that I currently update using a combination of complex Excel formulas and copy/paste but I am trying to restructure the file using VBA as I think it might be more efficient. I’ve started researching some stock VBA code but I think I’m going to need some help. I’d greatly appreciate some support.

Background
  • Excel sheet with multiple tabs (Name1, Name2, etc) that contain goals for the current year on top that a user updates and prior year goals summarizes at the bottom of the sheet. Number of goals will vary for each tab.
  • Excel summary sheet consolidate the goals for all the different tabs based on the user input year.

Macro 1: (see first screenshot below)

In the example sheet below, the goals are entered into rows 8-17 during the year. I’ve put in a placeholder in row 17 marked “END” so that users can only add rows above that line. I’m flexible on this approach and can change approach if needed. The prior year goals are copied and pasted from row 23 onwards.

What I am looking for from a VBA macro:
At the start of each year, I want to be able to roll the template for updating. For each tab, copy the populated goals (which will be from the prior year) for the dynamic range (in this example, rows 8-17) and paste them above Row 23 (so the older values from Row 23 onwards get pushed down the sheet). Empty the values in E8 through I17 to be populated with new data

Macro 2: (see second screenshot below)

What I am looking for from a VBA macro:
Based on the year input in Cell E4, copy and paste the corresponding goals for that year (lookup from each tab in column C) for each tab to present a consolidated summary of goals.

Thanks in advance

1595287815017.png

1595287861976.png

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
I didn't receive any responses to the above and wanted to know if there was any additional information that I could provide that would be helpful.
I appreciate the assistance of the experts here on the forum!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back