Excel VBA to know what kind of border it is

JohnSeito

Does any know of excel code to know what know what kind of border it is. I converted a pdf file and now the data are on excel and there are borders and it looks to me like it is border with thickness of medium but when I run a code I produced and mark X to the column next to it to show that it is that border it gave me X on all the rows and so the medium thick border is excel grid without any borders.

So if anyone could show a code example of what kind of border does an excel has then let me know. thanks.

I don't see anyway around this as well.

The reason why I would like if this could be done is because I format and move data around a spreadsheet a lot. One of the ways to move it is using the formula = x2 etc, then copy paste special value then delete the data that was moved from. I do this very frequently, like 20 times or more in a format. So if I have to unfiltered every time to move it, I lose my place and it takes longer time.

A loop through Range("B:B").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible) is the only solution that I can see.
I don't think a loop macro would be effective either, what do you think or suggest?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
One way might be to copy/pasteSepecialValues the data range before filtering. That way copy/paste could be used to move the data from here to there.

A macro to write the proper formulas into the data range (to be run after everything has been moved, but before new data arrives) could be written to restore the formulas when needed.

Upvote 0
One way might be to copy/pasteSepecialValues the data range before filtering. That way copy/paste could be used to move the data from here to there.

Can't because I only want the filter data to be moved over and the data that was moved from to be deleted.

A macro to write the proper formulas into the data range (to be run after everything has been moved, but before new data arrives) could be written to restore the formulas when needed.

not sure what you mean by this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy Boot

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back