EXCEL VERSION COMPATIBLITY

jigishapatel

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have an issue with Excel compatibility. I have created a excel form with various sheets using macros in excel version 2016, However the end user has excel version 2010. The user is getting an error like " Cant Find project or Library" and "Compile error in hidden module". Not sure how do i get this error recitified and make the file compatible with excel 2010 version.

Look forward for your help.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
If it works in 2010, it should work in 2016. 2016 is not radically different but has extra functionality.

Your best bet, would be to get a copy of 2010. Get everything working in that, then it should work in 2016 without modification.

Upvote 0
If it works in 2010, it should work in 2016. 2016 is not radically different but has extra functionality.

Your best bet, would be to get a copy of 2010. Get everything working in that, then it should work in 2016 without modification.
I think you misunderstood. I would like to downgrade my file (made in 2016 version) to work in 2010 version.

Upvote 0
What you would need to do, is get your file onto 2010, trace through where it fails and fix those bits of code. You are most probably using some code which has been added to or changed in 2016, compared to 2010. 2010 used VBA 7.0 where as 2016 uses VBA 7.1.

The biggest differences though, are the built in Excel functions. Are you using functions which are in 2016 which are not in 2010?

There is information here which may be of help. Excel Functions List

As far as I know, there is no way to check for VBA 7.1, but application.version will give you the version of excel. There are also built in compiler constants, so if the version of excel does not have the built in function, you can build it yourself inside of a #IF THEN, #ELSE, #END compiler directive. So it will only exist if your version of excel needs it.

The list is here Compiler constants (VBA)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back