Excel VLookup Question

ccepaulb

I hope I can explain myself clearly here.

I want to create a vlookup function that will return to me all outlets that fall into a particular chain and then have the corresponding volume and sales data in the columns to the right.
For example, let's say I'm working with 3 retailers (Retailer A,B and C). Retailer A has 40 outlets (or individual stores) B has 300 and c has 100.
I have set-up a list box with the retailers listed, this is linked to give me either a 1,2 or 3 in a particular cell. If they pick retailer A, then a 1 would appear, if it is B a 2 would appear and so on.
The vlookup is linked to the linked list box cell.
Now where I'm stuck.
I'm trying to get it to list all the individual outlets based on the retailer selected. In column (A) I have a 1 for all 40 Retailer A outlets a 2 for all 300 retailer B outlets and a 3 for all 100 retailer C outlets.
How can I get the individual outlets to list based upon the retailer they select?? :(

Thanks, Paul

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
I think that the advanced filter may be the best route to go. Are you familiar with that? Can you see any mileage in that?

Upvote 0
It sounds like you'd be better off using AutoFilter to filter on the column that has A, B and C in it. If you could post your worksheet, that would give us a better idea of what you're trying to do. Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
Just a question...
Can you use a macro to access a filter placed on sheet, say - do this or that? TTom :whistle:

Upvote 0
How does one attached a file? I think if I showed you guys what I need to get to, it would help.

Thanks, Paul

Upvote 0
Use Colo's HTML Maker utility (link at the bottom of every page, and in my sig) to post your sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back