Excel workbook as Single PDF File

Chuck6475

Board Regular
A few years ago Domski contributed some code to under the title - Save Excel Sheet as PDF file (Solved) It works great. Thanks Domski.

I'm trying to make a slideshow that can change dynamically. Acrobat in full screen will run the slideshow and by writing over the source pdf with each update it appears dynamic.

The problem with Acrobat is the pdf has to be a multipage pdf for this to work without intervention.

Problem: How to make a single multipage pdf of selective worksheets.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Via the UI, press Create PDF from the Acrobat tab and you'll be prompted to select the sheets of interest.

Via VBA, select the sheets of interest and do ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat.

Upvote 0
Via the UI, press Create PDF from the Acrobat tab and you'll be prompted to select the sheets of interest.

Via VBA, select the sheets of interest and do ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat.

using 2003 and yes I can under the UI go to "Adobe PDF" and it will allow me to select the pages I want to put into a single document.

Mirroring that in VBA is currently beyond me. I haven't been able to find ".exportasfixedformat" anywhere. Sorry for having to ask for a little more data but......

Upvote 0
ExportAsFixedFormat was added in Excel 2007.

It would be convenient if you would post the version of Excel you're using in your questions.

Upvote 0
ExportAsFixedFormat was added in Excel 2007.

It would be convenient if you would post the version of Excel you're using in your questions.

Okay, I got 2010 and tried ExportasFixedFormat. It work just like the routine I had from Domski in 2003 for single worksheet. As you pointed out in your first reply, using the Adobe tab in manual mode you can select the worksheets you want to put into a single pdf. I don't seem to be able to figure out how to do the same think with Export..... . I can get individual sheets but not all of them together. What am I missing?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back