Excell worksheets are hazy and difficult to read

WIthywyndell

Not sure that this is a specific EXCEL problem, but hopefully someone can advise what to do. My EXCEL worksheets look like they are under a cloud and are very hard to read. I've checked the computer display and am at the recommended quality of 900 pixels, and the font colour is "automatic" (setting it to black made no difference at all. I've surely diddled something in the computer set-up, but I can't see what it is. Even this message is coming out gray and foggy. I do most of my work on EXCEL so need desperately to solve this dilemma. Most grateful for help. l

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
If you are seeing the same problem posting here (on a web site) as you are in excel, then I doubt this is an excel problem, but rather a windows?? setting. Do other programs have the same problem? (word, games, window explorer)

Upvote 0
Yes, everything on the computer seems "unclear", but it's much more evident in EXCEL. I fear this is a self-inflicted problem. I have a slight vision problem and was trying to adjust settings to make things easier to read without using the magnifying tool which I find more annoying than helpful. Unfortunately, I didn't write down what I did and have been struggling without success to undo it. After posting my SOS, I went to personalized settings, adjusted contrast, colour and font size, the results of which are a white background on the desktop, and EXCEL ribbon, and grey print - albeit much clearer and easier to read than what I had last night, The original settings look pretty good to me now, but I don't see a reset button. Do you know what I can do to fix this? Your taking the time to respond on New Year's Day is most appreciated. Many thanks. l

Upvote 0
A System restore to a point before the changes were made might revert some of the changes.

If you are the system administrator, you could add a new user, and see what the default settings are for that user. Copy them down and then apply them to the original user. After everything is working, delete that new user.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrPJ_Harper

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back