Executing word mailmerge from Excel vba

Profkenny123

I am new to vba. I only use to record. I currently find myself in a situation above my knowledge. I have 6 word docs mailmerged to 6 Excel docs in the same folder. I named the .doc and it's corresponding source Excel doc with the same name. I want to create a form using ActiveX textbox and button. The button is assigned to a macro in Excel with options to look for a record as typed in the ActiveX textbox, in any of the 6 Excel docs, mailmerge it to it's corresponding word doc and bring it up in PDF format. And another button to bring a PDF document of all records in a merged docs.

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
See Run a Mailmerge from Excel, Sending the Output to Individual Files in the Mailmerge Tips and Tricks thread at:
http://www.msofficeforums.com/mail-merge/21803-mailmerge-tips-tricks.html
As you appear to be using separate Excel workbooks and mailmerge main documents, the simplest approach would be to have the same macro in each of those workbooks. It's not apparent, though, where your "form using ActiveX textbox and button" would reside.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back