Existing Pivot Table need to extract data from multiple tabs

Grimm127

Board Regular
Hi Excel Gurus

I currently have an existing Pivot table. I have been looking on line to find a way to have the existing pivot table to look into multiple tabs. I already have the tabs named. The only thing I found at this point is how to create one from scratch. However, I don't want to do it this way because I have several calculated fields and I don't want to create these fields gain. Is there a way to do this?

Using Excel 2013 btw

Thank you!!!!

oldbrewer

Board Regular
can you import the data from multiple tabs into your tab (where the pivot table is)

Grimm127

Board Regular
What di you mean Import? If I go to Pivot table Tools - Analyze - Change Data Source it only allows me to add one table only even if I try to use a comma between the two tables. If I just add one data source and go to the PivotTable Fields, I don't see the Add feature. So how do I get there?

oldbrewer

Board Regular
If you have data on say sheets 2,3 and 4 you can "import" that data to sheet1 by say in A1 = sheet2!A1

and in B1 =sheet3!A1 so the other sheets are not altered but a copy of your data in in sheet1 where you can set up the pivot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gossow

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...