Expansion to previous question (Find a row based on multiple criteria and then sum up items that are in that row to the right

agcoleman

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
This image shows what I am trying to sum up. I am already using the sum/filter functions in combination with the helper cell so that I can find a specific row based on all of the criteria in columns B through U. SUM(FILTER(Actuals!$W$3:X$230,Actuals!$V$3:$V$230='Piping Weekly'!$V$10)
Now I would like to be able to still find a certain row based off of the helper cell and then only sum up the columns that have a certain month in row 1.
I was trying to use some kind of combination of the Sum/Filter and a Sumproduct formula. But i can only figure out how to get the sumproduct to reference the row that is chosen and not one based on the helper cell.

Attachments

• example.PNG
    example.PNG
    46.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I ended up figuring out the formula. I put the Filter function as the second array of a sumproduct/if formula.
=SUMPRODUCT(--(IF(Actuals!$W$1:$ES$1='Piping Monthly (2)'!W$5,FILTER(Actuals!$W$3:$ES$230,Actuals!$V$3:$V$230='Piping Monthly (2)'!$V8,0))))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back