Expediting Tedious Work (Will Pay!)

mikemillsjr

I've attached a screen cap below:

I am working on a large Excel Database file. My next step is to input 2005's Information into the main excel file and arrange the data by zip code. As you can see from the screen cap, the information that I imported into the file is not automatically spaced out to match up Column AV to Column C's Zip Code Arrangements. For Example C6 & AV6 Zip Codes do not match, instead it should be C10 & AV6. Instead of manually moving each Zip Code down to match up zip codes, is there any query or program I can run to space out the zip codes and make them match up zip code for zip code? The data in columns AW & AX also need to shift with the zip codes.

If someone can help me with this program, I am will to paypal a couple dollars for their help, thanks a lot!

mikemillsjr said:
I get a subscript out of range error?

Is your sheet named Main ?

That's what it was in the sample, so you will need to open the VBE and change it to your actual sheet name.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Mike

Did you ever try my VLOOKUP suggestion?

Upvote 0
Just place the formulas in the cells I indicated and copy down.

You can easily copy down formula by double clicking in the bottom right of a cell.

Upvote 0
Everyone I would just like to say that just_jon is an absolute beast! He helped me with the problem in no time at all. If anyone has anything to say about Jon you come to me. Major props Jon, Major Props!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back