Expert placed a Macro that he claims cannot be beat

TPD

Board Regular
OK,..this Excel genius always likes to tease me because I'm a struggling newbie. He likes to tease me with his skills. He has sent me a worksheet that he claims cannot be bypassed without selecting an OK button to get to the sheet I need. I beat it it the first time by simply unhiding the sheet but now I believe he has placed a macro in there!

Basically it's a review sheet that you must click OK on in order to reveal the workbook I want. I know it's a macro,...but is there anyway to beat it WITHOUT clicking on the review sheet?? I think he beat me on this!!

The macro on the click buttons is this:
Sheet5.ShowForms
All Open workbooks

todd

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
I did,..but then I still cannot find the two worksheets...Somehow they are hidden. If I go to unhide sheets,..they are not there. Where did he hide them?

Upvote 0
Todd

Try going to the VBE using Alt+F11, you should see all the sheets there.

Check their visible property.

If there is code running then hit CTRL+BREAK.

Upvote 0
When I hit Alt F11 I see this:

Sub ShowForms1()
'
'
'

If Range("D7").Value = True And Range("D12") = True And Range("D17") = True Then
Sheets("Screening Form").Visible = True
Sheets("Additional Comments").Visible = True
Else
Sheets("Screening Form").Visible = False
Sheets("Additional Comments").Visible = False
End If
End Sub

The sheets I want to see are indeed the Screening Form and Additional Comments,..but even if I hit the CTRL + BREAK (I hit the pause/break button on my keyboard) nothing happens.

Upvote 0
That's it. You think he has done something else? I mean the actual workbook contained 4 sheets. If I do nothing and look at the format>sheets>unhide,...two of the four are there. He somehow as buried the first two sheets beneath his wonderful review sheet.

Maybe he grouped the tabs? I don't know.

If I rightclick on the tab of the review sheet, it too has the macro....

I tried breaking all of the lines of code,. and it says break at the top of the VBE menu, but I still cannot get access to them. He has to have them grouped or something in addition to the macro.

He also has hidden column D for some reason and Column Unhide is not an option that's available. He's good.

td

Upvote 0
I finally got it. I had to also ctrl + break on the code from the worksheet tab. I right clicked on the tab and then hit view code and then hit ctrl+break on the code in there too.

It did it.

Thanks man! I can be proud again,...even though you actually solved it! Not me! I won't tell him that though (until later on perhaps)

td

Upvote 0
Could I actually ask what you are trying to do?

Did you check the sheets Visible property in VBE?

As for the hidden column, just select all cells and goto Format>Column>Unhide.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back