Expiration date chart

MarkDShark

Board Regular
Is there a way to create a chart that will list all dates back AFTER 45 days from the current date that will also state the word "expired" and at the same time list the dates 45 days up from the same date with the word "Timely" and how many days left till the expiration date and how many days past the delinquent date? In this example the date 45 days back is 09-23-2011 (Today being 11-7-11) so all dates prior to that date would be considered "expired" and dates following that date would be 'Timely" Can be separate columns

The chart is for timely responses and deliquent responses. The list by glance would tell me if a response received was either timely or delinquent based on the date of the incoming call. The 45 day date should also change daily given the fact that the current date would change. 45 days is the time frame for any response. Thanks. Hope this makes sense

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Hope this makes sense

Not really, sorry :biggrin:

I mean I know roughly what you want, but I don't understand exactly what you want because your post is quite vague. Can you explain more clearly, what exactly you want to do, what your data looks like, and what you want the results to be ?

Upvote 0
Oh ok. Upon a user opening up the sheet, the current date would show maybe in A1. then maybe next to it in B1 a date 45 days back. A list below maybe in 2 columns each with 45 dates each. 1st column would show the dates that would be prior to the 45 day date with the word "Expired" since those dates would be beyond the 45 day expiration date. In the other column, would be a list of dates after the 45 day date with the word, timely since they haven't reached the 45 day expiration date. By glance, the user would be able to see which date has passed and which is still timely. and what the current 45 day expiration date is based on the current date. I hope that helped.

Upvote 0
Where do the dates in the two columns come from ?
Are they transaction dates or something ?
If they are transaction dates, are you ALREADY sorting them into Expired and Timely ? It sounds as if you are, if one column is just for Expired, and so on.
So IF you are already sorting them, why do you need a formula to tell you that they are expired ? Why not just insert the word "Expired" at the top of the relevant column ?

I'm probably misunderstanding something . . .

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back