Export to google drive

Animals1977

Hi folks,

hope you can help me.

I am using Microsof Excel for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11029.20104) 64-bit.

I am trying to create a shared expenses spreadsheet, using the template from this tutorial www.exceltactics.com/how-to-split-bills-and-share-expenses-using-a-free-excel-spreadsheet/ - I managed to do what I wanted though I am encoutering 2 problems.

1. the spreadsheet works well on local file but when i export it to google drive, when I want to select a name using the drop down menu it doesn't work as it should. See below to understand the issue.

This is a screen from the local Excel file. The drop down menu works perfectly, I can select a name and the formula then apply.

609379d1549102131-export-to-cloud-excel001.jpg

This is a screen from the google drive live Excel file. As you can see the drop down menu get stuck on "chargement en cours" which means "loading". So the names never loads. Also as you can see there is that red arrow on each corners of the name selection and when I highlight it the following message appear "Non valide : la valeur d'entrée doit être comprise dans la plage spécifiée" which should mean in english "Invalid: the input value must be within the specified range".

609380d1549102495-export-to-cloud-excel002.jpg

Please how can I make it work on the cloud ?

2. I have copied the worksheet within the workbook in order to track multiple categories. However when I do this the formula for the Settlement is the same on every worksheet (the original one) instead of reflecting what the settlement for that specific worksheet should be. Example: I want one sheet per month.
There is a hidden worksheet where the calculations are done called "Settlement Transations". Unhide it and you can decode the formulas. However this sheet is called on any other monthly sheet I create. The solution I found is to create 1 hidden sheet per month.

Is there another way to fix this so I only have 1 hidden sheet ?

609382d1549103193-export-to-cloud-excel003.jpg

Thanks for your kind help.

Animals1977.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back