exporting data

jjghobril

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have an application that generates two excel files: one called Data and the other Report into a zipped folder.
The data file contains raw information processed from the application.
the report file extracts the information from the data file and contains macros and pivot tables to sort, calculate and create summaries.
The report file is a template but when i use the formulas to extract number from the Data file, the source or file name path is always linked to my desktop where the data file is. so whenever someone else wants to open the report file, they are prompted that there is a missing file mentioning a path to the data file on my desktop.
is there any way to resolve this issue using a macro maybe or vb code to extract the numbers from the data file to the report file. (note that the two files will always be in the same folder and have the same names, but the folder location will be on the users' desktops and not mine.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
what i need is to link the two files so that report file is updated from the data file and linked independently from my data file path name.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back