Exporting Excel file with add-ins and images included

tico_ocit

Board Regular
I there, I'm hoping that someone can help me.

I'm trying to export an Excel file to another computers, but I need that file to work as if it was on my computer.

I'm having 2 problems:
1 - I have an image on an userform that can't be loaded because it is not on the computer, can I included on the excel file? Maybe, just insert on some hidden sheet may work?
2 - Libraries! For instance I have atual_date = Date, which gives me the error "Can't find object and library", how can I include the add-ins that I want on the excel file? Am I'm going to need some code?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
EDIT:
2 - Libraries! For instance I have atual_date = Date, which gives me the error "Can't find object and library", how can I include the REFERENCE that I want on the excel file? Am I'm going to need some code?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Upvote 0
References are saved with the file. The issue will be if you use a library that is not available on the other computer. The best solution to that will depend on the cause - you may be able to just late bind your code, or you may need to create a setup program (which usually requires third party tools) to install any missing libraries, assuming users would have permissions to do so.

Upvote 0
Also, please read the forum rules on cross-posting, and follow them in future. Thanks. :)

Upvote 0
References are saved with the file. The issue will be if you use a library that is not available on the other computer. The best solution to that will depend on the cause - you may be able to just late bind your code, or you may need to create a setup program (which usually requires third party tools) to install any missing libraries, assuming users would have permissions to do so.

You're right! What causing this issue is a missing reference file.
How can work this around? Can I have a VBA routine to copy the file to the directory?
This means that, I would share the excel file and that reference file, what do you think?

Also, please read the forum rules on cross-posting, and follow them in future. Thanks. :)

Sorry, I was not able to find something similar. But I'll pay more attention to that.

Attachments

• references_excel.JPG
    references_excel.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0
Are you actually using any of the Common Controls? They are not installed by default on many systems, and won't work on any system that has 64bit Office.

If you read the rule on cross-posting, you will realise that I am talking about the fact that you have posted this same question on at least one other forum that I know of. You should provide links here to any such cross-posts when you do that.

Upvote 0
Are you actually using any of the Common Controls? They are not installed by default on many systems, and won't work on any system that has 64bit Office.

If you read the rule on cross-posting, you will realise that I am talking about the fact that you have posted this same question on at least one other forum that I know of. You should provide links here to any such cross-posts when you do that.

Thank you for answering, what was causing the error was the missing reference itself. I unchecked and seems to worked.

Next time this happens I'll provide the links. Again, I'm apologize for didn't follow the rules.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back