exporting from access to excel gives error about file limits

Kyle775

Board Regular
when i use the "office links: analyze with microsoft excel" option in access it returns an error about too many rows to export? but its less than 30,000??
i have no idea why this would happen, its less than 10 columns and about 29,000 odd rows?? its not a query or anything like that... its just a table i want to analyze with excel?? i was planning on doing more analytics this way but with a much higher row count... im just testing the limits of both applications right now.... is there some information i should know? in my reading ive found that excel is 65000 odd rows and access tables are only limited by disk size 2gb or something like that... so the row number is relative to how much data is in each row... anyway.... any help would be great... we are nearing year end and i would like to be able to simplfy some things.... using access instead of 10 worksheets :)

thanks

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Strangely I have never used this feature despite may years experience. I would guess that it is a problem with the "analysis" feature.

As you say, it is a relatively small table. Why not do as I usually do and simply import the table into Excel (or export the table to a worksheet) and use Pivot Tables etc.

Upvote 0
the problem is im planning on using much larger sets of data, 100,000 rows etc. and i would like the sheets to be updated as the access database is changed. i guess i will have to simplify the data as queries and either link to those or export them. my real problem is that no one here knows access and they all want to use excel....

thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
Excel will only take 65,536 rows max
I suggest you link a pivot table to your Access table via Data/Pivot Table Report/Get External data

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9Kimo3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back